Proposed Charter: PKI Review Working Group
PKI Review Working Group
Group Leader (Chair)
The mission of the PKI Review Working Group is to review and provide input on matters pertaining to the next generation of the InCommon Certificate Service. This group will represent the InCommon community and will serve as the advice and consent function for directions pertaining to the next generation of the service.
Specific goals for the PKI Review Working Group include:
- review and provide input on the upcoming Certificate Service Community Survey
- review (from the survey), document, and prioritize desired features for the next-generation service
- develop gap analysis with existing service
- recommend next steps
Membership in the Working Group is open to all interested parties. Members join the Working Group by subscribing to the mailing list, participating in the phone calls, and otherwise actively engaging in the work of the group.
The chair of the Working Group is appointed by the InCommon Program Manager for Community Trust, who is responsible for keeping the InCommon Steering and TAC informed regarding the Working Group's status.
- Community survey
- List of desired features for the 'next-generation' InCommon Certificate Service
- Gap analysis between new features and existing service
- Recommendations for next steps
Potential Deliverables Considered to be Out of Scope for this Phase
- This WG will not be the permanent PKI Advisory Committee that will report to the InCommon Steering Committee. That group will be chartered and formed later.
Expected End Date
The working group is expected to complete all deliverables by 12/4/2015.
- wiki space: PKI Review Working Group Home
- phone line for conference calls: We'll use Blue Jeans video/voice conferencing (details TBD)
- incommon.org group email list: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Draft Survey: http://goo.gl/dh85NC
Recent space activity