TIER Campus Success Program
The TIER (Trust and Identity in Education and Research) Campus Success Program will include a diverse group of higher education institutions committed to adopting and deploying the TIER software components and helping to accelerate adoption for the rest of the trust and identity community.
The TIER Program invites higher education institutions to submit a proposal to participate in the TIER Campus Success Program. Through this program, TIER will provide education and training, access to subject-matter experts to support adoption, and facilitate peer engagement with fellow adopters. The goals of the program include:
- assisting campuses in the successful deployment of one or more TIER-packaged components to address one or more campus need(s),
- accelerating local adoption of TIER components so the community has guidance more quickly,
- providing lessons learned about the local challenges and solutions and developing the first deployment guidance and advice for later adopters in the form of presentations, project reports, and locally produced TIER-related artifacts,
- informing the TIER program about issues encountered in production implementation and provide data for next steps regarding adoption support, technology development and feature set.
|August 25, 2017||Proposal deadline|
|September 20, 2017||Notifications of acceptance|
Requirements and Deliverables
- Develop a local TIER implementation and deployment plan
- Participate and report out in bi-weekly conference calls
- Public bi-weekly summaries for community members to track
- Publish appropriate artifacts and documents as completed
- Participate in training and education
- Present your experiences at selected meetings (such as EDUCAUSE, CLAC, Internet2, others)
- Develop a public final report and contribute case studies and other documents
What TIER will provide
- Planning workshop for up to 3 people per campus, together with community IAM subject-matter experts.
- Technical training on containers and TIER packaging/installation/configuration, including basics on the containers used with the TIER components. Campuses can send up to 2 people.
- Bi-weekly calls, collaboration tools for adopters to help each other and report out.
- Access to TIER and community IAM subject-matter experts as needed.
Send questions and proposals to Erin Murtha (firstname.lastname@example.org)