The InCommon Community
InCommon serves a community of more than 10 million end-users (students, faculty and staff; IPEDS data, November 2016). For more information, see the InCommon FAQ and the InCommon Participants List.
See this page for instructions on gaining access to protected sections or to gain edit access.
To edit pages in this space: choose "Page Operations" on the menu to the left, then choose "Edit."
Collaborative Projects and Working Groups
See a complete list of working groups and reports, including current and past work in our Working Groups wiki space.
- InCommon Student Collaboration Group
- CommIT Collaborative
- External Identities Working Group
- Alternative IdPs Working Group
- IdP of Last Resort (IdPoLR) Working Group
- CIFER (Community Identity Framework for Education and Research)
- Multifactor Authentication Cohortium
- Scalable Privacy Project
- Grouper (enterprise access management system)
- Federation Interoperability Working Group
- MFA Interoperability Profile Working Group
- Working with Vendors: Who's doing what with whom? - NEW
Virtual Working Groups Archives Available
Recorded sessions (Adobe Connect) and slide decks are available from the May 20-21, 2013, virtual working group meetings. Topics include: Grouper, Shibboleth, CIFER, Interfederation, Social Identity, CoCoA (collaboration platform), and MACE-DIR.
Toolkits provide resources to help campus information technology professionals develop the case for federating. This material will help make the case with such diverse groups as chief information officers and campus stakeholders. The material in this section includes slide decks that you can use, as well as overviews and documents for your background and to use in presentations.
Could not access the content at the URL because it is not from an allowed source.
You may contact your site administrator and request that this URL be added to the list of allowed sources.
Subscribe to the InCommon News Feed
Subscribe to the InCommon RSS News Feed}