Report Grouper Security Concerns here
View the Grouper Demo
Current Grouper release is v2.3.0
- Grouper Installer v2.3.0 (.tar.gz) (jar only) - Designed to get a working demo up and running quickly. Will also upgrade and patch Grouper to the latest version (experimental). Contains the Grouper API, UI, WS, loader (daemons), a demo database, a database engine, tomcat, and ant. All you need is Java 7+ JDK (note, you should not use Java8 in Grouper 2.2-).
- Grouper API Binary v2.3.0 (.tar.gz) - Binary release of the Grouper Application Program Interface and associated utilities. Getting started with the Grouper API Binary Distribution
- Grouper API Source v2.3.0 (.tar.gz) - Contains the full source for the Grouper Application Program Interface, Grouper Shell, and other associated utilities.
- Provisioning Service Provider Next Generation v2.3.0 (.tar.gz) - Latest provisioning plugin for Grouper
- Provisioning Service Provider v2.3.0 (.tar.gz) - Binary provisioning plugin for Grouper. More provisioning software for Grouper is available in Maven
- Grouper UI v2.3.0 (.tar.gz) - Contains the full source for the Grouper Administrative and Lite User Interfaces.
- Grouper WS v2.3.0 (.tar.gz) - Contains the full source for the Grouper Web Services Interface.
- Grouper Client v2.3.0 (.tar.gz) - Client for Grouper LDAP and Web Services, in binary form. Grouper Client v2.3.0 source is also available.
- Contributed Software
- Provided by the Grouper community, in addition to the above core Grouper products.
- Grouper Box Connector
- Grouper Duo Connector
- Grouper Voot Connector
- Grouper all tarballs and related tools for the offline installer
New Features in Grouper 2.3.0
Provisioning Service Provider Next Generation (PSPNG) implementation addresses performance problems and configuration complexity of the Provisioning Service Provider (PSP)
Grouper loader improvements: scheduling configuration stored in database facilitates high-availability changes to loader config files do not require restarting the loader, handling unresolvable subjects
|Web Service operations||New Web Service operations for attribute definitions, actions, and messaging|
Grouper messaging system and WS with integration to the change log and ESB
|UI screens||UI screens for attribute definitions and inherited privileges|
|Export to GSH|
Export Grouper objects to a Grouper Shell (GSH) script
|Folder privileges||Refactor folder privileges to be “admin” and “create” instead of “stem” and “create”. See the glossary for updated privileges and definitions.|
Grouper source code is on GitHub.
Previous Grouper Versions
For previous Grouper versions, click the link for the desired version:
As an open source project, support is provided by means of the Grouper documentation wiki and open mailing lists. Grouper implementers are urged and welcome to subscribe to the following email lists:
- Grouper-Announce mailing list, for important annoucements around security and releases.
- Grouper-Users mailing list, which is an open support forum for deployment issues.
- Grouper-Developers mailing list, for those interested in discussion of development issues.
To subscribe , see instructions here
Grouper is licensed under the Apache 2.0 license. See http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html for a copy of this license.
Development of this software was supported with funding from Internet2, the University of Chicago, University of Pennsylvania, Duke University, University of Washington, University of Memphis, University of Bristol (UK), the NSF Middleware Initiative (NSF 02-028, Grant No. OCI-0330626, Grant No. OCI-0330626, OCI-0721896, and OCI-1032468), and JISC. Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation (NSF).