Child pages
  • Grouper Call 5 April-2017
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

  

Grouper Call April 5, 2017

 

Attending
Chris Hyzer, Penn, U Penn (Chair)
Shilen Patel, Duke
Emily Eisbruch, Internet2

Action Items

[AI] (Chris) translate links on wiki from svn to github per email

[AI] (Chris and Bert)  turn action items into JIRAs where appropriate (Chris done)

[AI] (Bert) Encrypted password in ldaptiv

[AI] (Shilen) add to instrumentation wiki steps for adding a new count (such as for provisioning data)

[AI]  (Bert)  status page for pspng (Gettes email)

 

[AI] (Bert) full sync runs but status in grouper loader log is not set to SUCCESS (Gettes email)

  • Changelog temp to change log speed

 

[AI] (Bert) Marwan Shahar and deleting groups in pspng? (2/20?)

[AI]  (Chris)  2/20 : Liam Hoekenga, inherited privileges.  Do they work for existing objects? (NO, they don’t, I need to fix this) (moved to jira: https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1512 )

[AI] (Bert)  get back to Akki Kumar about when groups that require a member will be implemented, GRP-1376: PSPNG: Support groups that require a member

[AI]  (Chris)  Chad Redman 2/22: 2 issues: The source ID drop down list doesn't really show the "IDs" Also order seems random, so it takes a while to find the right source. (moved to jira: GRP-1513: subject api diagnostics should show source id)

[AI] (Bert) 2/23 Paul Engle: pspng authoritative all values of attribute

[AI] (Bert)  2/23 Julio Macavilca: malformed DN

[AI] (Bert) 2/27: Paul Engle, I was excited when the grouper_loader_log seemed to indicate that the job finished in an hour or so. Less so once I looked at the log and realized it was actually still running its worker threads... :

[AI (Bert)  follow up with Martin Krenn on ldap passwords externalized

[AI (Bert) document the findings somewhere on wiki on Grouper and openldap for large groups

[AI] (Chris) add TIER API to the Grouper download page and do testing

[AI] (Shilen) follow up with U Colorado on patches for accessibility and cc grouper-core

[AI] (Bert) look at subject ID and subject Identifier terms and text on source diagnostics screen

-- https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+subject+API+diagnostics+in+UI

[AI] (Bert)  reply to Chris Sutherin UMBC on pspng examples

[AI] (Bert)  reply to Scott Koranda about massaging group names in provisioning

[AI] (Bert)  reply to Shaun K about name null in pspng

[AI] (Bert) to reply to Peter St Onge

[AI ] (Chris) get Grouper installer working for mysql and postgres (moved to jira: GRP-1518: grouper installer should work with mysql and postgres)

[AI ] (Chris), making delete group more efficient for large groups, fix issue with not allowed to delete group (won’t fix)

[AI] (Bert) Jeffrey Crawford email 1/12, full sync missing members

[AI] (Bert)  Scott Koranda email 1/12, error on change log consumer psp

[AI] (Bert) email the list about (a small) Office365 versus Dropbox and next PSP project

[AI] (Bert) document how to build PSP NG and patch it  [Bert needs to finish last couple steps] (AI for Chris to try it afterwards)  [Done, Bert’s updated the doc]

[AI] (Bert) Bert will update the doc about “make_patch” command

[AI] (Bert) Put these in jira: Grace Periods, Membership Rules, People/Account subjects  

[AI] (Bert)  document the solution to “turn off old psp issue” that was raised on the list

[AI] (Bert) create PSP-NG Training Video (after necessary patches) using Camtasia

  •  Note: NYU inquired about their PSP-NG issue, Shilen asked them to re-send issue to him
  • Chris and Shilen will pick up some of the PSP-NG emails

Completed (or moved to JIRA)  Action Items

  • [AI] (Chris)  upgrade to Apache Tomcat 8 (moved to jira: https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1511 )
  • [AI] (Bert)  Paul Engle, 2/16, pspng and user defined attributes [GRP-1495]
  • [AI  (Chris)  GRP-1483 - ehcache large file sizes (this is a jira)
  • [AI]  (Chris)  2/24: Jeff Mccollough The second issue is a redirect to the home screen if group creation is cancelled. It should be leaving the browser at the same level of view it had before the group creation screen is shown.  (moved to jira: GRP-1515: redirect to home screen if group creation is cancelled) 
  • [AI]  (Chris) Chad Redman: GRP-1489: Can't type multiple lines in Add Members copy/paste (this is a jira) 
  • [AI] ( Chris) check member table to see if subject ID matches (Lookup a subject.  Get the identifier.  Look up by that identifier.  Make sure you get the subject with the right ID and identifier.) (moved to jira: GRP-1516: grouper subject api diagnostics check subject identifier) 
  • [AI] (Chris) GRP-1484: grouper subject api diagnostics can see if subjects are ordered correctly on search (this is a jira)
  • [AI] (Bert) create wiki page on the Groups that require members work-  GRP-1376
  • [AI ] (Chris) GrouperSystem in another source (WS) (moved to jira: GRP-1517: make sure groupersystem in g:isa cannot be used by WS accidentally like UI)
  • [AI]  (Chris) 2/23 Yoann Delattre: null pointer on privileges (moved to jira: GRP-1514: null pointer in inherited privileges and rules)
  • [AI] (Chris)  Regarding GRP 1480, do we need to go through the code and look for hasPrivilege() and change to canHavePrivilege()? In 2.4 we can rename hasPrivilege to hasImmediatePrivilege, add the old back and deprecate (moved to https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1504  )
  • [AI] (Chris) add to Grouper roadmap an item on disabled date and point in time (DONE)
  • [AI] (Chris) work with Jeff Hagley on server issues (done)

 

DISCUSSION

 Current work tasks

 Vivek – Attestation

 

Chris – Grouper loader on UI , patches

 

Bert – PSPNG

 

Shilen – instrumentation

  • Shilen is implementing a graphing capability 

TIER Grouper deployment guide - Consultation Closed April 14

 

 Issue roundup

·         Turning AIs into jiras

·         Grouper demo page update

·         Subject API diagnostics

·         Apereo advertise, maybe remote or recorded (bluejeans?)

·         GRP-1480: users with admin priv can't remove group via subject page

·         GRP-1440: Usability of the Add Member dojo search field

·         Lost hsql password

·         Full sync PSP configuration

·         GRP-1505: pspng full sync loader log stays at RUNNING and is not checked in status

·         Google apps grouper provisioner (do we have an answer for this?)

·         Grouper Deployment Guide blog in April TIER newsletter - done

·         [AI for Chris] hook example

·         Instrumentation in UI

·         [AI for Bert] PSPNG loader configuration example

·         Web services updating a membership

·         Configuration subject icon (patch complete): GRP-1506:  New feature - Configurable subject icons

·         GRP-1490: memory leak closing inputStreams

·         GRP-1377: rule about individuals and privileges

·         [AI for Bert] get back to Nubli about PSPNG starting or doing anything in logs

·         Grouper demo maintenance

·         GRP-1507: null pointer on startup with wheel group

·         Grouper displaying description when searching for entities

·         Authentication and authorization with grouper WS

·         GRP-1489: Can't type multiple lines in Add Members copy/paste

·         Grouper source code should be Java6 compliant

·         Grouper import/export issues

·        Community contributions from University of Michigan, UMBC, Maryland (Emily reached out, heard back from UMBC)

·         Assign an attribute to groups in a folder (not needed)

·         U. Hawaii TIER Grouper Deployment Guide feedback

·         LDAP formatting of subject ID in search

·         LDAP email in subject source - Chris followed up 

 

Grouper BOF at 2017 Global Summit, Tuesday, April 25

[AI] (Emily) send starting point agenda for Grouper BoF at Global Summit  to Chris (done)

At next call, go through roadmap and decide on what's in scope for Grouper 2.4

[AI] (Emily and Chris) set up Grouper team dinner for Tues night - 1.5 hour bus tour

 

Grouper Developers, please sign up for TIER F2F on Thurs April 27 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IQ9KSKpp8r8s0GVeqfDvFKK-H5rThvBgM4cN0Jv6_yE/edit#gid=0

Workshop at Open Apereo 

 

Next Grouper Call: Wed. April 19, 2017 at noon ET

 

 

 

 

 

  • No labels