Child pages
  • Grouper Call 24-Jan-2018
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

  

Grouper Call 24-Jan-2018

Attending

  • Chris Hyzer, Penn, Chair
  • Shilen Patel, Duke
  • Carey Black, (Matt),  tOhio State Univ. 
  • Chad Redmond, UNC
  • Bert Bee-Lindgren, GA Tech
  • Vivek Sachdiva, independent
  • Emily Eisbruch, Internet2


Grouper Action Items are here   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jQCt1nICmVVZsU8iprjbDw0WbmnpUt87NsS7rdKmfMo/edit

Grouper JIRA https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/projects/GRP/issues/GRP-1642?filter=allissues

Discussion


New action items

 [AI for everyone]: read/comment on the GDG training doc:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gbwguyIGlvgHpk7tyorpG_yjD9vZ9JDoSfdgDu9ChLk/edit?usp=sharing
 [AI] (Chris) work on composites and obliterates

 [AI] (Chris) French patch

 [AI] (Chris) attribute def errors on UI from French review
[AI] (Bert) create a wiki on what the provisioning GUI will include
[AI] (Bert) create a wiki on what the provisioning GUI will include  
[AI] (Bert) create a wiki on how the provisioning works including the scaffolding approach (harness, helper class, etc.)

[AI] (Bert) handle issue reported on Grouper-Users email list of  Getting strange error using old psp after 2.3.0 upgrade
[AI] (Bert) document pspng better per Gail email?

  [AI for Shilen] document the log file compression discussion somewhere on wiki?
 
Current work tasks


Vivek – Permissions in UI
• In the   Grouper Lite UI there is the ability  to view and assign permissions, Vivek is now moving those capabilities to the New UI

• Back-end exists, but need to create new JSPs

• What about graphing the dependencies? Chad asks re java applets not being well supported anymore.  
Decision is to take out that graphing visualization as we move the permissions capability to the New UI.



Chris –patches, deprovisioning, inherited privileges


Bert – PSPNG
• Need to upgrade ldaptive version to sync with Shilen’s work

• Migrate pspng’s READ operations to api library

• Docker compose for group editing completion

• Incremental to full sync efficiency

• Initiating a full sync through messaging (for a group, or a folder)


• [AI] (Bert) create a wiki on what the provisioning GUI will include  

• [AI] (Bert) create a wiki on how the provisioning works including the scaffolding approach (harness, helper class, etc.)

• Config options should be considered moving forward

• Hope to accommodate multiple provisioning targets (Box, etc)

• Integration with Remedy may be of interest at some sites , including U Penn. http://www.bmc.com/it-solutions/remedy-itsm.html


Shilen – patches


• vtLDAP  to ldaptive migration

• At 2017 TechEx, Decided to do vtLDAP  to ldaptive migration alongside  PSP changes , but not efficient

• Will proceed as before

• Looking at issues related to Grouper Loader

• Issues around version of ldaptive

• GA Tech uses  the Validate on checkout setting, this is a good default



•  [AI] Chris work on composites and obliterates 



Chad – Library updates
• API jars updated in master branch

• Some errors compiling the UI, have not tried web services yet

 
Matt – working on LDAP issues
 
Issue roundup


·         [AI for Shilen from last meeting] deleting a group deletes the composite membership?
·         Login.internet2.edu
·         Attribute name editor
Inherited privileges enhancements
If you set an inherited priv in the UI, it takes effect for sub-objects. Grouper does not assign admin anymore to inherited admins.  
Q: Can we inform the user what got removed so there is a chance to review? 
Issue: There could be a lot removed. Scaling issues… Perhaps test the new approach and later capture this reporting issue in a JIRA
https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1651: inherited privileges should assign those privileges to subobjects
https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1663: inherited privileges should revoke those privileges to subobjects
https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1664: do not add admin privileges to root or wheel when creating objects
https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1665: do not add admin privileges to inherited admins
https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1667: a folder inherited privilege should apply to the assigned folder
 
Grouper Training at 2018 Global Summit (anyone else can help?)
• Grouper in Action: Access Management Strategies for Higher Education and Research Tutorial - $25, Sunday, May 6 (1:00 pm–5:00pm)

https://meetings.internet2.edu/2018-global-summit/program-guide/co-located-events/
 
Grouper BoF at Global Summit
Remedy group integration anyone?
Box grouper revival
Grouper security model GDG
 “grouper api version 2.2.0. Is there a way to give a customized name to group while provisioning it in LDAP”
Need help with AI’s
Preventing runaway group membership changes
 [AI for Chris]: attribute def errors on UI from French review
 [AI for everyone]: read/comment on the GDG training doc:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gbwguyIGlvgHpk7tyorpG_yjD9vZ9JDoSfdgDu9ChLk/edit?usp=sharing
 networkGraph applet in UI
Assign View permissions in new UI
 ldaptive status?
 [AI for Bert] Re: [grouper-users] Re: Getting strange error using old psp after 2.3.0 upgrade
·         log file compression
·         [AI for Bert] document pspng better per Gail email?
·         [AI for Chris] French patch
·         “grouper api version 2.2.0. Is there a way to send single email notification to a admin id when multiple users are removed or added to a group.”
·         grouper_members.subjectIdentifier0 in Grouper PSP
·         [AI for Shilen] document the log file compression discussion somewhere on wiki?

 


Next Call:  Wed Feb. 7, 2018




 

  • No labels