Child pages
  • Grouper Call 23-Oct-2013
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Draft Minutes: Grouper-Dev call Oct. 23, 2013

Attending
Tom Barton, U. Chicago (Chair)
Jim Fox, U. Washington
Shilen Patel, Duke
Dave Langenberg, U. Chicago
Emily Eisbruch, Internet2, scribe

New Action items

[AI] (Shilen) will work on the change log to address GRP  914. Then inform DaveL

[AI] (DaveL)  will work on the PSP aspect of GRP 914 when Shilen finished the ChangeLog work.

Carry Over Action Items

[AI] (Chris) will talk with the appropriate lists about CSRFGuard project

[AI] (Jim) propose a session on "Scaling the Grouper API" at Advance CAMP (will do in Nov.)

[AI] (Chris) do additional follow-up on the U. Penn Grouper security Analysis, including going through the automated penetration test report.

[AI] (Andrew) let us know what emerges from the Apereo security notification process work.

DISCUSSION

GRP 914 https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-914
"PSP improperly handles membership delete from changelog when a group is deleted"

DaveL looked at GRP 914. Dave's suggestion was to get the Subject Name into the change log.
Shilen said this is doable.

Question: Are there going to be cases where Subject Name is not enough and you have to go to point in time anyways? Should we also add the display name?

A: No, it is not important to know the display name on a delete.

Shilen: Do we want this in the 2.1 branch?
DaveL: Yes, that would be good

[AI] (Shilen) will work on the change log to address GRP  914. Then inform DaveL

[AI] (DaveL)  will work on the PSP aspect of GRP 914 when Shilen finished the ChangeLog work.

Legacy Attribute Migration Workhttps://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Legacy+attribute+migration

Shilen has the hooks working for the legacy attribute migration, but will need to make a few changes, for instance for the Include and exclude groups.

How will the admin UI present the attributes after the transition? May want to verify this when Chris is on the call.

New Grouper UI

https://grouperdemo.internet2.edu/grouper_v2_2/grouperUi

Tom noted that the new Grouper UI seems to be  coming well. One small issue is when a drop down box does not stay in main window, but rather goes below the frame.

SCIM

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+SCIM+integration

Several weeks ago DaveL joined CIFER Provisioning call. They are looking to find or develop a common SCIM library.  DaveL has been looking at the SCIM Proxy. Some adjustments will be needed in order to use SCIM Proxy. Dave will participate in future CIFER calls and make a determination on the best approach.

Dave has a specs from our SURFnet partners for the work around having Grouper emit SCIM. Dave plans to touch base with them again soon.

LDAP Interface for Grouper

Shilen will reply to the question on the Grouper-users list around detecting membership changes. (done)

Next Grouper-dev call: Wed. Nov. 6 at noon ET

  • No labels