Child pages
  • Grouper Call 20-April-2016
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

  

Notes: Grouper Call Wed. 20-April-2016 

Attending:

 Chris Hyzer, Penn (Chair)

Tom Barton, U. Chicago

Jim Fox, U. Washington

Shilen Patel, Duke

Bert Bee-Lindgren, Georgia Tech=

 Emily Eisbruch, Internet2

Grouper Roadmap: https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+Product+Roadmap

===========

 

Action Items

[AI] (Bert) document PSP NG install process and the hybrid ant/maven approach.

May be altered by the info here for a way to use Maven without ant:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+Development+Environment+Using+Maven

 

[AI] (Shilen) Document Refactor folder privileges to be “admin” and “create” instead of “stem” and “create

 

[AI] (Shilen) Update the Grouper Glossary https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Glossary for Refactor folder privileges to be “admin” and “create” instead of “stem” and “create

 

[AI] (Shilen) Document new web services

 

[AI] (Chris) document the commit standards on this wiki page

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+developers+coding+standards

 

[AI] (Emily) create a draft Agenda for Grouper BOF at 2016 Global Summit

[AI]: [Chris] continue to go through commits going back to 2.2 and make sure they are in Master , Chris has done a lot but not all, it’s on release steps page.  

[AI]: [Bert] Get notes and ideas into Jira on automated integration-testing environment .Will work on this with Bill Thompson. Will target the next Grouper 2.3 patch

[AI] (Chris) publish Grouper 2.3.0 to maven central

[AI] (Bert) create a Jira for documenting how PSP NG can work with either messages or changelog, including taking advantage of the automatic listener setup .

[AI] (Bert) create a Jira for adding messaging-driver to psp-ng for 2.3.1.

[AI] (Misagh) look add hibernate-c3p0 jar to gradle/maven, and the upgrade to c3p0 (commit from Chris) [needed for Grouper 2.3]  - Chris did it for Maven, still work to do for Gradle

[AI] (Bert) create a wiki page off the Post PSP Provisioning wiki  page to explain the boundaries for provisioning subjects.  

[AI] (Chris ) clarify the Grouper roadmap around “Add remaining attribute/permission operations to WS” [after Grouper 2.3 release]

[AI] (Chris) capture the TIER packaging direction in a Grouper wiki page, including environment variable strategy [not done, needed for 2.3] - partly done

[AI] (Chris) make patching and upgrading work on a source directory (based on input from packaging survey) [after Grouper 2.3  release]


[AI] ( Chris) create JIRA for look on Grouper wiki for Java doc links and change them togrouper.io  [probably obsolete. Reevaluate after migration to new i2 github]  

 

[AI] (Misagh) provide update to Grouper Core list  to  be sure Gradle work will be ready for Grouper [postponed for Grouper 2.4]


[AI] (Bert) create PSPNG Training Video (after necessary patches)

DISCUSSION

PSP NG

[AI] (Bert) document PSP NG install process and the hybrid ant/maven approach.

May be altered by the info here for a way to use Maven without ant:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+Development+Environment+Using+Maven


Discuss Grouper 2.3 release

Some issues with hanging when Grouper starts.

Involves threads, Chris will verify. This will be a patch

DONE [AI] (Chris) document the commit standards on this wiki page

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+developers+coding+standards


Chris will make a branch for Grouper 2.4 when we are done with things that must be patched for 2.3

Chris: Would help if every commit had a JIRA format.

Commit message:  GRP-1279: grouper installer should set sql logging to on so we can see progress of DDL on install or upgrade (commit [1|2|3])

Once branched, cherry pick all commits forward

Things to do before release

  • Patch for deadlock (DONE)

  • Installer that prompts to log SQL (DONE)

  • Test patch on demo upgrade (DONE)

  • Write release announcement - Emily draft it (DONE)

  • Send it to core then Grouper -dev and -user lists (DONE)

  • Shilen to write upgrade doc (DONE)

  • Chris to look 2.3 changes

  • Install pspng (so grouper-loader gsh can access the pspng classes)


Things to do after release

  • Chris to try to a local upgrade

  • AI (Shilen) Document new web services

  • AI (Shilen) Document Refactor folder privileges to be “admin” and “create” instead of “stem” and “create -

  • [AI] (Bert) PSPNG Training Video (after necessary patches)

  • Installer to install to source dir



Grouper 2.3 Patches:

  • PSPNG & attribute-creation. (multiple-assign attribute with single-string assignment). Need both attribute-definition and attribute-name. Copy code for rule-attribute creation (Grouper Check Config). Need a separate attribute-definition so access-control can be different.

    • GrouperCheckConfig uses this folder below, add a “pspng” folder inside whatever is configured there, and then put your attribute definition and names in there


    • # root stem in grouper where built in attributes are put
      grouper.attribute.rootStem = etc:attribute

  • PSPNG testing harness

  • PSPNG & Messaging

  • PSPNG & Attributes of deleted groups (find group by gid_number)

  • UI updates for stem vs admin privs.


Grouper 2.4 Ideas

  • Think about pspng & attribute security (danger of an admin of a part of a tree being able to push their branch of groups into any connected system). Should an attribute-definition be created for each provisioner so they can be secured separately?

What’s needed?  When announce?  etc


Updates to Grouper Training Videos?

Grouper BOF at 2016 Global Summit

Wed May 18 at noon ET

https://meetings.internet2.edu/2016-global-summit/detail/10004228/


 Global Summit 2016

TIER Working Group and Developers Meeting to be held

May 19, 2016 , 9am - 12:30pm in Chicago



IAM Online Webinar on Grouper

Wed. July 17 2016 at 2pm ET


What’s new with the Grouper 2.3 Release --

GA Tech Door Control System Use Case


 

Grouper BOF at Internet2 Global Summit is Wednesday, May 18, noon-1:00PM


Next Grouper Call: Wed. May 4, 2016 at noon ET


 

  • No labels